8. August 28, 2020. A Reality Check on India’s Search for Digital Utopia. For The Hindu Centre of Politics and Public Policy. Link here.
7. May 12, 2019. An article for the Sunday Hindu Magazine on the digital materialities and what it means for nostalgia in the context of Orkut, a social networking site that was popular among users in India and Brazil in the mid-2000s. Link below.
Sic transit gloria orkuti. May 12, 2019 in the Hindu Sunday Magazine
6. February 12, 2019. An essay for the The Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore’s Researchers@Work (R@W) programme series exploring the social, economic, cultural, political, infrastructural, and aesthetic dimensions of the “offline”. I wrote about gendered access to public WiFi hotspots. Link below.
Offline Subjectivities of Online Women. February 12, 2019 in the CIS R@W blog.
5. September 7, 2017. An op-ed for The Hindu on TRAI’s policy move to make WiFi access as commonplace as chai. I argue for choosing gender inclusive spaces to host public WiFi hotspots. This piece appeared on September 7, 2017. Link below.
Taking WiFi Public. September 7, 2017 in The Hindu
4. August 13, 2017. I write about encountering the reality of Partition in the Sunday magazine of the Indian Express in its Independence Day special for 2017. Links below.
The Border Runs Through Us. August 13, 2017: Web link
The Border Runs Through Us. August 13, 2017: E-Paper link
3. December 12, 2015. I received a letter from my library and found it a delightfully anachronistic and whimsical choice of communication – much like what libraries themselves are in the age of the digital. This article was featured by Citizen Matters, a Bangalore news platform that engages in some stellar local city journalism. Link Below.
A letter from the library. December 12th, 2015 in Citizen Matters
2. July 5, 2015. I wrote a thought piece on the film Piku wondering why women friends appeared to be absent from Piku’s on screen life. The article was featured in The Hindu’s Sunday Magazine. Link Below.
Piku’s Invisible Friends. July 5th, 2015 in The Hindu
1. April 23, 2015. My piece on the communication and friending behavior of youth based on ethnographic research I did in a peri-urban engineering college in Bangalore appeared in The Hindu Business Line. Link Below.
Strangers Offline, Friends Online. April 23rd, 2015 in The Hindu Business Line